SEND ME PIX TO PUT IN THE SLIDE SHOW!!! SHARE YOUR RESULTS!!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11: Back Day

Hello hello..took yesterday off- needed a break. Did cardio at night

Back Day


Wide Grip Lat Pull-downs: 3x10
-------------------------------

Weighted Pull-ups (palms facing in): 5x5 **You can do these with a weight belt or a dumbbell between your knees. If you can't do weight, do 5 sets of 5.
-------------------------------

Heavy Machine Rows: 3x7

LINK TO VIDEO
-------------------------------

Light weight Seated Close-grip Rows (with 5 second pause): 3x12 **Hold each rep back for a 5 count, pulling the weight down towards your bellybutton/ hips.


-------------------------------

Close-grip Pull-downs (palms facing each other): 3x10


-------------------------------

Reverse Butterflies: 3x7 **Focus on pulling from your back more so than from your shoulders


-------------------------------

Answers to people's questions:
Manny- Try to get 1gram of protein for every pound of bodyweight. Protein shakes are a good way to get this high amount of protein. That, plenty of carbs (look up "carb loading), and hard lifting will help build muscle. If you're not eating enough protein and carbs but you're lifting hard enough, you'll just develop leaner more toned muscles; if you're not doing enough of either, you'll just get no results.

Sean MC- This is a tough one to answer. You can do circuit training tho. Pull-ups (palms facing in & palms facing out), bicep curls (palms facing up & down), weighted crunches (Video), and pushups (wide grip, hands at shoulder width, diamonds). Depending on your level of fitness, you could pick 4 or 5 of these 8 workouts, go through each workout doing as many reps as possible in 30 seconds taking as little rest as possible for something like 20-30 minutes. If it's too easy, you should do more reps, rest less, etc. This should get you more defined if you push hard enough

Brandon- Exercise wise, the best advice I have is to look at the routines I put together and figure out what works best for you. It's my opinion that if you're not getting stronger each and every week you're either not working hard enough or you're doing something wrong. Getting enough sleep is very important, and so is eating enough protein and carbs. 1 gram protein per body weight, do some research into "carb loading". As long as you're lifting hard enough, you can't eat too much. Junk foods don't count, but foods high in carbs and protein will be good for you. I'm trying to gain weight, too- having a chicken breast, 3 or 4 potatoes, and a can of green beans for dinner. If I had more milk, I'd finish it off with cereal lol. From seeing you, I'm going to assume you have high metabolism; if you're like me, you need to eat twice as much as you normally would.

Kevin- To drop weight, cut carbs. I dropped 20 lbs. of fat in a month for a competition recently; I completely cut carbs (I'd have a few for breakfast), and essentially only ate protein and vegetables. Cardio's important but you have to lift hard, too. Cutting carbs will make you more tired, but the pounds will fall off. You don't have to completely cut carbs, but if you make a drastic change in how many you take in you'll see results. I'd say have carbs in the morning and try to have as few as possible within the few hours before and after working out.

SHOUTOUTS!
JORDAN KAPELI: Hey man, it was great hearing from you- highlight of my week so far. When sharing stories with people about high school football and the great athletes I've come across, you're always one of my favorite people to talk about. I'm proud of you for getting into a football program away from home, and I really want to do as much as I can to help you be successful (academically, socially, any way I can). I graduated from Liberty a long time ago, but that family we formed on the field stays wrong- I still lift in my old football shirts! Let's make sure we keep in touch more.

JASON: It was great having you in the gym again! We gotta get you some music though. Gotta practice your mean face so you can hit the weights harder lol! Great job in the gym, though; your effort and determination helps me push through the workouts harder

No comments:

Post a Comment